MIXED is dedicated to making this event as accessible as possible. Some areas of focus are:
- creating a gender neutral washroom
- renting a wheelchair friendly space & washrooms
- co-creating a statement around safety
- encouraging participants/attendees to come scent free
- fundraising to ensure that the event is free of charge or at least pay what you can (PWYC)
PLEASE NOTE: We regret to announce that we were unable to fundraise enough to hire ASL interpreters this year.
This list is not exhaustive and we welcome feedback on other ways that we can create an even more safe and accessible space. Please email us at email@example.com at any time to support our accessibility efforts.
Please note: MIXED is meant to be as safe a space as possible which means no forms of racism, sexism, ableism, homophobia, discrimination based off age, class, weight, creed, immigration status, xenophobia, transphobia, transmisogyny, cissexism etc will be tolerated. If you feel that there is an article or comment on this site that does not comply to the above, please contact us.
MIXED reserves the right to edit or delete comments that:
- Promote anti-feminism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, racism, classism, religious discrimination, ageist,sizeist, ableist, or any other form of ignorance, discrimination, or hatred toward any group of people.
- Intend to threaten, harass, ridicule, silence, or personally attack another reader or team member of MIXED
- Contain lewd, violent, or profane commentary or images.
- Engage in “Oppression Olympics” where you try to prove one group of people are more oppressed than another to minimize or invalidate the group’s experiences or make it seem like your group is the only one to experience oppression.
- Derail the conversation that doesn’t further the conversation regarding the article’s content.
- Troll by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.
- Are spam and commercial in nature.